This month we spent a ton of time in the backyard. I bought a bubble machine on Prime Day, and let me tell you, that was the best investment I've made in my entire life. The kids have bubble parties out there all the time. Add in a sprinkler and it's a little summer wonderland out there.
We loved going to the St. Paul Rodeo Parade for the Fourth of July. And later, of course, the kids loved the fireworks.
- Shoot Jenna and Armando's epic cathedral+The Falls Event Center wedding (IT WAS BEAUTIFUL!!! See their blog post here!)
- Shoot Shana and Josh's sweet Quimby Pond wedding (AHHH! They were SO ADORABLE! Blog post is here!)
- Blog those weddings ASAP! (I did it! Hooray!)
- See ALLLLLL of my past wedding couples for a super awesome event! (One of the most satisfying days of my career, seriously!)
- Get better at remembering to use Instagram (Sort of! I've been trying out IG stories and posting work to it more frequently--go see me on Instagram here)
- Update my Instagram bio from the one that currently says I never use it! (Boom. Done. Was this like a deep soul-searching journey for anyone else? Just me? Cool.)
- Enjoy Newberg's Old Fashioned Festival--we'd only been here a few months last time and were still getting settled from the move so we didn't go to much. This time, it's ON! (We made it to the Children's Parade on Thursday but missed the rest...classic.)
- Spend more time meeting other fabulous business owners at the Yamhill County MOB Meetup! (Mama-owned businesses! Not, you know, THAT mob!) (The blog on this is coming this month too! I have spent a ton of time connecting with other local photographers business owners this month and the MOB has been a HUGE part of this! I can't wait to share more about it, but until then, if you're a mom who owns her own business in Yamhill County and you want to get involved, contact me and I'll give you the details!)
- Get through TWO SOLID WEEKS of entertaining my free-spirited one year old in the bleachers while my 5 year old has daily swim lessons (Lord help me) (I. Did. It.)
- Celebrate our EIGHT YEAR wedding anniversary! We still haven't decided what to do! Ideas? (Such a relaxing weekend! My parents took the kids overnight and we had a little staycation: Ruddick and Wood, the lavender festival, and a hike at Champoeg!)
I'm looking forward to August, and savoring the last bits of summer and toddlerhood with my son. I have some big goals and trying to balance those with family time. On the agenda:
- Rock three more anniversary sessions and treasure my time with more past SSP couples!
- Celebrate Mykael and Evan's wedding! So excited!!
- My BIG GOAL: launch my updated website! This has been in the works for a few months now and comes with some soul-searching and tons of computer time, but I can't wait to share the new online face of Samantha Shannon Photography!
- Along with the new website, finish my new pricing guide! I'm kind of bored with the current one, so I've been working on pretty-fying it with updated photos and a new layout!
- Enjoy some time with my baby girl while my son is at day camp!
- Enjoy my big long weekend that I scheduled off! Maybe a beach trip day? Maybe camping? Who knows! Something fun and summery!
- Do back to school shopping for my son! I love new school supplies so this will be a fun one! Any guesses on how many notebooks I'll add to the cart for myself? I have a problem.